QSetup is provided with a list of 12 predefined dialogs. The dialogs are listed on the "Dialogs" page
and you can select which Dialogs will be displayed to your customers during the setup process.
QSetup also offers you the option to define one or more Custom Dialogs that will suite the special needs of your setup.
To define custom dialogs click the [Custom Dialogs...] button on the "Dialogs" page.
Custom Dialogs Designer
When you click the [Custom Dialogs...] button the special "Custom Dialogs Designer" tool will open.
Using this tool you can create as many dialogs as you wish. Each Dialog will contain as many controls
as needed from an assortment of the 11 most popular controls available under Windows.
To see a full size snapshot of the "Custom Dialogs Designer" click here
The following controls can be added to any "Custom Dialog" you design.
Once you select a control, you can fine tune its size and location using the mouse.
The following properties are common to all controls:
Some controls have additional properties.
- Name - The name of the control, MUST be unique.
- OnClick/OnChange - Here you will enter the action required when the control is clicked or changed (if needed).
- X - The X location of the control on the dialog form.
- Y - The Y location of the control on the dialog form.
- W - The width of the control.
- H - The height of the control.
- Text - The text or title (caption) of the control.
- Bold - Set this property to "True" if you want the text to be displayed in Bold.
- Visible - Set this property to "False" to hide the control.
- Enabled - Set this property to "False" to disable the control.
All properties can be set at design time using the "Custom Dialogs Designer"
or at run time using the "Execute Engine".
Interacting with the Custom Dialog
Interacting with a Custom Dialog at setup time is done using the "Execute Engine".
Every Control can be linked to an "Execute Item" using an OnClick event.
Using this option you can define operations that will take place just before and/or just after a Custom Dialog is displayed.
Read/Write Control Properties
Reading and Writing control properties at setup time can be done with special commands from the "Execute Engine".
The following "Conditions" are available:
The following "Executions" are available:
- Control Text is
- Control Item Index is
- Control is Checked
- Set Control Property
- Get Control Property